Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Evolution

Every day for the past week or so I've been struck with that elusive and magical and completely wonderful creative energy that sometimes I'm convinced has taken a permanent leave of absence. Lately when I catch it, it's to make photos or a drawing...but beautifully, miraculously, it's been writing this time. Two days in a row I woke up and wrote a new poem. I've been pulling out my my ideas book a few times every day, jotting down a line or I think of and revisit it later. I haven't done that since high school, but here I am! For now, on my days off between graduation (!) and when I start working, I'm relaxing, watching bad comedy after bad comedy, reading The Hour I First Believed (Wally Lamb) and making time for hashing out my creative ideas. Vacation couldn't be better.

No comments: