Sunday, April 26, 2009

Groundwork

Things are new, drastic.
Did you know that I'm single now? Long story.
Did you know that I got a new job? It's at a catering company, and I'm basically a prep chef. I'm a little scared of losing a finger, but so far all I've got is a puncture wound in my palm from a dull paring knife.
Did you know that I'm graduating in a month?
I'm supposed to save my tax check for necessities like car insurance and you know, food, but I'm thinking instead of a new tattoo. That seems much more appropriate. I'm reeling lately! My whole world is slightly askew! I sometimes feel like I'm looking through a stereoscope; the depths are all off, the picture's a little blurry. But I'm excited, and my prospects are all over the place. I'm spending a lot of time reconnecting with some of my favorite people, frantically checking things off my to-do list, and waiting for my senior project to be over with (FRIDAY. OMG).
Since I'm couch surfing I'm without a computer, which is easy but inconvenient. And even though I really want to upload photos I've been taking, I can't. Instead, I check out laptops for two-hour intervals on campus and plug in my headphones, trying to cram all my work into an awkward amount of time. I've been listening to The Wrens a lot (time-machine to junior year of highschool? Sure, why not), as well as Stars, The Stills, TV on the Radio, Radiohead, and a Beirut album I can't figure out the name of. Times like these call for comfort music, all the old favorites and albums I never get tired of. But god, I wish I had some extra money for a few new CDs.

No comments: